Green Nanosystem Laboratory
|Staff & Contact|
|Educational Staff||Associate Prof. Fumihiko Matsui|
Education and Research Activities in the Laboratory
Our laboratory investigaes nano-scale structures and their properties at the surface based on spectroscopy and diffraction methods using originally developed electron analyzers.
At the interface where two different materials meet, unique electronic and magnetic phenomena such as photovoltaic and rectification effects appear, owing to structural anisotropy and interface-specific composition. We investigate such local electronic properties by non-destructive and atomic site specific method: photoelectron diffraction spectroscopy. The purpose of our research is to providing useful knowledge for developing and improving new devices for green innovation based on these interface phenomena.
1. Revealing unique phenomena related to photoelectron diffraction and Developing new analysis methods based on such phenomena
2. Construction of a new projection type electron analyzer: PESCATORA
3. Atomic level characterization of local structure and properties of functional material interfaces
Explanatory Pictures of Research Activities
Recent Research Papers and Achievements
1. F. Matsui, M. Fujita, T. Ohta, N. Maejima, H. Matsui, H. Nishikawa, T. Matsushita, H. Daimon, “Selective Detection of Angular-Momentum-Polarized Auger Electrons by Atomic Stereography” Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 015501 (2015).
2. F. Matsui, T. Matsushita, H. Daimon,”Photoelectron structure factor and diffraction spectroscopy”J. Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena 195, 347 (2014).
3.S. Roth, F. Matsui, T. Greber, J. Osterwalder, “Chemical Vapor Deposition and Characterization of Aligned and Incommensurate Graphene/Hexagonal Boron Nitride Heterostack on Cu(111)” Nano Letters 13, 2668 (2013).
4. F. Matsui, R. Ishii, H. Matsuda, M. Morita, S. Kitagawa, T. Matsushita, S. Koh, H. Daimon, “Characterizing Edge and Stacking Structures of Exfoliated Graphene by Photoelectron Diffraction”. J. Appl. Phys. 52, 110110 (2013).
5. F. Matsui, T. Matsushita, Y. Kato, F. Z. Guo, M. Hashimoto, K. Inaji, H. Daimon, “Atomic-layer resolved magnetic and electronic structure analysis of Ni thin film on a Cu(001) surface by diffraction spectroscopy”Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 207201 (2008).