Information Device Science Laboratory
Staff & Contact
|Educational Staff||Prof. Yukiharu Uraoka
Associate Prof. Mutsunori Uenuma
Adjunct Associate Prof. Yasuaki Ishikawa
Adjunct Associate Prof. Mami Fujii,
Assistant Prof.Juan Paolo Bermundo
Assistant Prof.Michael Paul Aquisay Jallorina
Education and Research Activities in the Laboratory
Many daily necessities around us, such as TVs, computers, and mobile phones, are composed of silicon-based semiconductor devices. The Information Device Science Laboratory conducts research on information function devices that will support the next-generation information society. Key features of our research include the introduction of various new materials on silicon substrates, our own unique designs, and production of semiconductor devices that make the most effective use of their characteristics. Thus, we are working on producing semiconductor devices with innovative functions on the basis of skilled manufacturing.
1. Transparent Oxide Thin Film Transistors
2. Printed/flexible displays for wearable devices
3. Printing technology for energy harvesting devices, solar cells
4. Power devices based on GaN, diamonds.
Recent Research Papers and Achievements
1. T. Takahashi, R. Miyanaga, M. N. Fujii, J. Tanaka, K. Takechi, H. Tanabe, J. P. Bermundo, Y. Ishikawa and Y. Uraoka, "Hot carrier effects in InGaZnO thin-film transistor", Applied Physics Express 12, 094007 (2019).
2. J. Clairvaux, M. Uenuma, D. Senaha, Y. Ishikawa, Y. Uraoka, "Growth of InGaZnO nanowires vis a Mo/Au catalyst from amorphous thin film", Appl. Phys. Lett. 111, 033104 (2017).
3. J. P. Bermundo, Y. Ishikawa, M. N. Fujii, H. Ikenoue, and Y. Uraoka, "H and Au diffusion in high mobility a-InGaZnO thin-film transistors vis low temperature KrF excimer laser annealing", Appl. Phys. Lett. 110, 133503 (2017).
4. Kahori Kise, M. Fujii, S. Urakawa, H. Yamazaki, E. Kawashima, S. Tomai, K. Yano, D. Wang, M. Furuta, Y. Ishikawa, Y. Uraoka, "Self-heating induced instability of oxide thin film transistors under dynamic stress", Appl. Phys. Lett. 108, 02501 (2016).
5. Mutsunori Uenuma, Yasuaki Ishikawa and Yukiharu Uraoka, "Joule heating effect in nonpolar and bipolar resistive random access memory", Appl. Phys. Lett. 107, 073503 (2015).
6.Juan Paolo Bermundo, Yasuaki Ishikawa, Mami N. Fujii, Michel van der Zwan, Toshiaki Nonaka, Ryoichi Ishihara, Hiroshi Ikenoue, Yukiharu Uraoka, "Low Temperature Excimer Laser Annealing of a-InGaZnO Thin-Film Transistors Passivated by Organic Hybrid Passivation Layer", Appl. Phys. Lett., (2015).