For Doctoral Students 2022 Enrollment NAIST University Fellowships For the Creation of Innovation in Science and Technology
July 29. 2021(Thu.)
For Doctoral Students 2022 Enrollment
NAIST University Fellowships
For the Creation of Innovation in Science and Technology<Materials Field>
MS Fellowship committee
The purpose of this fellowship is to contribute to the development of outstanding human resources by improving the treatment of outstanding doctoral students.
2,250,000 JPY per student
（breakdown）・Living Expense：150,000JPY(1800,000JPY /year)
・Period of Support：3years
Doctoral students who will enroll in NAIST on or after April 1, 2022, have outstanding research ability in one of the research fields, and wish to devote themselves to their research.
However, those who fall under any of the following (1) to (6) are not eligible.
(1) Students who are treated as "working adults" in the Basic School Survey (*)
(2) Research Fellows of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
(3) International students supported by the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho)
(4) International students who receive scholarships or other support from their
(5) Students who are 30 years old or older on April 1, 2022 (32 years old or older
for those who have undergone life events such as childbirth and childcare)
(6) Long-term course students as defined in Article 2 of the Regulations for Long-
term Course of Study (Regulations No. 2, 2008) of NAIST.
(*) The definition of "working adult" in the Basic School Survey is as follows
・Those who are currently employed in a job that pays a salary, wages, remuneration, or other regular income.
・Those who have retired from a job that pays a salary, wages, remuneration, or other regular income.
(１) Application Deadline：Aug.2, 2021
(２) Required documents：
①Research Record and Research Plan ②The career path image you aim for ③Publication List
④Conference Presentation list ⑤Others（Appeal Point）
・Entrance Examination Results
・Transcript for Master's degree
・Confirmation of intention to go on to the doctoral program (only NAIST students)
(３) Submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
(４) Result Announcement(unofficial)：Early September
【Obligation of the fellow】
（１）Focus on the research activities based on the research plan.
（２）Strive to participate in programs related to improving research capabilities conducted by NAIST.
（３）Report the status of your research activities on a regular basis.
（４）Have regular interviews with supervisors.
■Information Session for the program2022
Date：July 29. 2021(Thu.)
Time : 11:00AM-
Place：Room E318 (NAIST)
1. In case of too many applicants, a second screening interview may be held.
2. Please note that the adoption is not a promise because the budget for 2022 has not been decided by the MEXT at this point.